On Sunday, Brian and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! This is been the absolute best 2 years of my life so far. Its hard to believe that it has only been two years, because I feel like I have known him my entire life. I could say all these lovey-dovey, mushy things about him, but there really isn't enough time or space to say everything I want. And I will spare everyone from having to read it ;) I will just say that I am so grateful that I have him for my husband. He is absolutely PERFECT for me, and I know for a fact that there isn't anyone else on this planet that I could or would want to be with. I more than love him with all of my heart and soul.
This year we kept our celebrations pretty low key. We are working really hard on trying to get out of debt, so we decided to stay home and celebrate and just enjoy each other and our time together. Since our anniversary fell on a Sunday, we decided to do most of our celebrating on Saturday. We spent most of the day shopping and goofing around at the mall, and then we went to a delicious dinner. We went to a Mexican restaurant called Garcia's in Layton. Yes, it was a little bit of a drive, but we wanted to "get out of town" and try something new (well it was new for me). We seriously just had so much fun, and ate the best food!
On Sunday, I woke up about 6 am and started to throw up all the delicious dinner from the night before. It was pretty awful and very not fun. Brian is such a sweetheart and took such good care of me. It makes being sick a little less painful and miserable. He is also such a trooper, because that is not how either of us wanted to spend the first half of our actual anniversary day. After a couple of hours of not being away from the toilet, we were both able to fall back asleep and get a good few hours of rest in. We woke up around 1 o'clock and I was feeling much better. We decided to go on a walk with Ian, Katelyn, Kevin, and Owen down Provo Canyon. It turning out to be such a nice afternoon after all the ran from the day before. When we got home, Brian and I made a delicious ham and mashed potato dinner. Then we put in a movie and snuggled the rest of the night. It was simply perfect.
I realized that I don't need a fancy vacation or anything to celebrate our wonderfully, amazing marriage. All that matters is that I got to spend the entire weekend with the love of my life. I wouldn't have changed a single thing (except maybe the being sick part). Thanks for all you do for me, Brian, and for putting up with all my craziness! You really are the best husband (especially for me) and I am the luckiest girl in the world to have THE Brian Shriver as my husband, best friend, eternal companion, and love of my eternity. I MORE THAN LOVE YOU BABE!










No comments:
Post a Comment