Ryan got called to serve in the Toronto, Canada mission! Which he will also be speaking the Korean language! Korean in Canada?? Weirdly cool right? Well Ry entered the MTC July 10, 2013. The day after he entered, mom got a call from his mission president. He called to inform mom and dad that Ry's mission got changed! He is now going to Vancouver, Canada still Korean speaking. How cool is that?? I have never heard of anyone getting there mission changed while being in the MTC before! He said that they just didn't need any more Korean elders in Toronto so they all got switched! I am really excited for him! I think he will like Vancouver so much better.
In all of Ry's emails he seems very happy and loving every minute of being a missionary! His Korean is coming along and he has made a lot of new missionary friends. He is liking and getting along with his companion. He is also really happy right now because his best friend Junie entered the MTC last week and he got to see her! Here is a little bit of what he said in his email this week.
"Hi everyone!
This has probably been one of the best weeks yet! I will start of with the coolest part. At our Tuesday devotional we got to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott! It was so awesome! There was a rumor that it was going to be an apostle but we didn't get to find out who it was until they walked in. He talked about prayer, and we need to seek His will and not our own when we pray. He also said God has called us to succeed not to fail. He also told us if we don't get our answer right away that we need to actively seek for it and not just wait for our answer. At the end of his talk he told us the reason why he was so emotional was because he knew that the Lord had allowed his wife to be present at the devotional, it was so sweet. Then he ended with giving everyone who was learning a language an apostolic blessing of the gift of tongues. It was so cool! It was the best talk we have had yet. You could tell he really cares about us. He also said that every time the Apostles meet in the temple they pray for us."
He is doing so good and I am so happy for him! Although I miss him so much, I know he is where he needs to be and that he is happy to be there! I can't wait until we get to go pick him up! I'm counting down the days!
Before we dropped him off at the MTC.















No comments:
Post a Comment