If you are like me, dinner time is the worst time of day trying to figure out what everyone wants to eat. When I ask my husband, "What do you feel like for dinner tonight?" he usually comes up with, "Anything. I'm not really craving anything today, so whatever is fine with me!" or, "I don't know, what do you feel like?" and with that response I usually respond back with, "I don't know, that's why I am asking you!" I am sure most of you can relate to this. If you are one of the few that knows what is for dinner ever night, I applaud and slightly envy you. For the rest of us, it is usually a huge, daunting task. I never understood my mom's frustration with dinner until I was out on my own trying to figure it out for myself. For that, Mama I am sorry for always giving you grief about dinner time!
Once I discovered pinterest and all of its glory, I started looking through the food section daily. Everyday I would look for some new ideas for the dreaded dinner time conversation. Today I have 585 pins (yikes!) to my "food" board. No I have not tried all of the recipes (and some of them I probably never will), but I plan to try as many as I possibly can. For the ones that I have tried, most of them have been a huge success! Some not so great, but for the most part, very tasty and I will save to do again.
Here is a list of recipes I have tried and loved! ( I know there is more but I can't find them :( )
This corn chowder was super delicious! I have never made a chowder of any kind before so I was nervous, but it turned out really good! Plus, it was super easy and pretty cheap (yay!!) and only has a few ingredients!
Homemade Crunch Wrap Supremes (like Taco Bell)
I love Taco Bells crunch wrap supreme, and when I found this I squealed with joy! Making these at home is so much better! For one, it didn't go soggy as fast as it does when you get it from TB, and two, you can pretty much add whatever you would like and take out what you don't like! Plus it was kind of fun to make. I think I had this three times last week, that's how much I loved it!
This chicken recipe is one of my husbands favorites! He craves it! Its fairly easy, and is packed with flavor. I usually make it with some pasta and sautéed veggies to make a healthy meal of it.
Yes, like the Disney movie (which is one of my favs!). This was actually a very surprisingly delicious dish. Not to mention it is decently healthy for you. It was a little time consuming with cutting and placing all the veggies. It has wonderful flavor and I love all the vegetables that are in it. I topped mine with some parmesan cheese and it was divine!
I just love Caramel! This was the tastiest recipe I found for caramel popcorn. I had a bunch of the caramel left over so I put it in a mason jar and ate it with a spoon, it was that good! (I am kind of a caramel junkie though and love it anyway I can get it!)
Zucchini is probably one of my favorite vegetables, so naturally I was excited to try these. Talk about yummy! Such a fantastic way to enjoy my favorite veggie. (Helpful hint: spray the pans extra good! They do tend to stick and can be hard to get out sometimes!)
Who doesn't love chicken pot pie?? I have never attempted (and never will) to make a real normal size chicken pot pie, mostly because the crust seems like it would be hard. When I found these and all I had to do was flatten some biscuit dough and put the filling in, I was sold! Its easy, cheap, and tastes like a real chicken pot pie.
Lastly, this is the Lasagna roll ups. If you love lasagna (like me) then you will love these little roll ups. They are time consuming (mostly because you have to cook all the lasagna noodles) but they are a very tasty (different) version of lasagna. If you have a husband that loves his meet, you can cook up some Italian sausage, or ground beef and add it in.
For the ones that didn't turn out so well, there are these: (again I know there is more, but I can't find them)
The reason I didn't particularly love the Calzones was they were more like a roll up and the dough in the inside didn't cook so it was very doughy. Plus it had little to no flavor in the crust.
The corn bread tasted ok, but I think it needed another box of corn bread mix. It was just too gooey inside for me and that kind of weirded me out. I would like it a little more dry in the middle, and I think the extra box of mix would do the trick.
As of right now, this is what I have tried as far as recipes go. It isn't much, but there will be more! I plan on trying as many as I can! I would recommend that you all try them for yourselves and tell me what you think! You may have different opinions (obviously) on what I think is good and what you think is good, and that's ok! If you happen to try any of these out, I would love to hear what you have to say about them!
Thanks for reading!










No comments:
Post a Comment